chors

Business Start Up advice

chors    2

I am considering starting operations of a business and I had a few questions that someone could hopefully answer for me.

For crafting businesses how do they take orders?

For crafting businesses how do they efficiently complete orders?

For vehicle hire businesses how do they monitor how long they have had the vehicle rented for and how do they charge?

Are there any other business types?

How many successful businesses are there around?

Is a CCU essential?

Thanks for anyone that can answer these questions for me not sure if this is in the right place but thanks anyway. :)

• Like 1

DeeJai    200

Businesses are going to require a large amount of initial pre-thought and high amounts of in game time. Resource provision is a simple business model to generate, however comes with its issues.

Its not going to be a one man show. You need a break and help, so you will need employees to help harvest process, craft or whatever. (straight away, profits start to be split)

For crafting businesses how do they efficiently complete orders?

You will require setup items.    Houses upgraded (4 or so - $10 mil) + 100 cement

You will require trucks. (Autominer - $375k, upgrades + $150k, Super capacity, security, fuel - $1m.) thats each (your going to want numerous.. say 4 - 6. thats $6-$9mil)

You will require steroids, (or alcohol depending on how fast you want to fill orders)  (steroids ~$500k each) Overall total ~$15m to commence your first run.

Ohhh, fogrgot about box hemtt. Better get one of thos e+ upgrades.  (another $1m or so)

Is a CCU essential? 

You ask if a CCU is essential. No it is not, but without one, you will need to go from home to mine location, to processor, to home. With one, you can skip that journey to a processor as the CCU can do it on the spot

For crafting businesses how do they take orders? 

Taking orders, can be done the old fashion way. (pen + paper + your desk. through trade chat , TS or in game), other companies have setup websites which you place requests and get feedback.

For vehicle hire businesses how do they monitor how long they have had the vehicle rented for and how do they charge? 

Hiring vehicles is risky in its own right. The costs of the vehicles in game are not that expensive, where insurances also dont protect against chopping. What I am saying here, is even though that Wipeout cost you $3m, you have it fully insured, and you are renting it to someone for $1m until server restart. Once the person does 3 or 4 crop dust missions, they have already cancelled out the $1m fee you have charged them, and as such, could do another 5 or 10 crop dusts, and just before the server restart go and chop the vehicle. This means, for the $5 - $8m cash they just made, they lose $1m, and you lose another $3- 4m because you have to re-buy a plane and do all the upgrades again.

How many successful businesses are there around? 

Businesses are a lot of hard work and require a large outlay of funds even to get going. Are they successful?   Well, some have been for short periods of time, until people just want to go back to their rebellious ways.

Are there any other business types? 

What other types of businesses are there? Well, there have been plane services taxi services, truck driving services, and protection services. Each of these have pro's and cons and you must work within the confines of the server rules

One of the biggest issues players face when  starting a business, is BIG EYE SYNDROME or thinking they are bigger then they are.  You need to start small. For the first week or so, just take the time to build up your stock holdings on what you have seen wanted in trade chat. Bronze, Steel, Crystal Glass, CPU, Circuit Boards etc. These are your bread and butter, your gold. If you set yourself up with stock of these, once you commence selling, you can sell from these and provide faster service.  Meanwhile in the background you have your teammates, harvesting more and more copper, oil and iron, to make even more steel, bronze.

Your choice what you want to do.. But please dont go balls deep and make a business today, starts sprouting your superior service, when you havent even had a customer.   Take the time to invest into its success, and it should be successful for you.

Edited by DeeJai
  • Like 6

Hunterz221    18

I started my own and what he said is all true.. to literally every detail.. we are crafting a lot of items currently which leaves us with no time whatsoever for fun times like shooting cops or just creating chaos wherever you can.. I'd recommend one thing and that is wait.. build yourself up and get yourself a couple of guys who you can count on and then start thinking about making a business.. you can make a lot of money doing this but it also takes a lot out of you.. we sometimes literally don't get more then a few hours sleep just because we stay up way to late just to make sure we finish an order.. in any case at the end of the day you do what you wanna do.. also if you are serious about crafting then you can also chuck TRF a message. I'd look into your resume and probably even give you a shot.

• Like 1

chors    2
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, SaunZFd said:

What is a CCU

A CCU is what you get when you prestige your CIV quest line. It allows you to craft and process all legal goods in 1 truck.